You will never look at a naked burger the same again!
This is a very simple process and recipe. You will not need very many items or tools to make these simple but very tasty burgers. Your family and friends will love you for it!
This will make approximately 5-6 burgers
Things you’ll need to pull this off:
- 2 lb chuck roast
- 1 lb lamb
- Any seasonings you may like (I don’t use any and let the chuck & lamb do the talking)
- A Grinder
- The first thing I do is put the meat and the parts to the grinder in the freezer for a few hours. This will keep the meat from gettin hot when you grind it, it also makes it easier to trim and cut the meat.
- Next, take the meat out and trim away the unusable fat (the hard stuff) and cut the meat into about 3×3 cubes (or whatever you can get in your grinder). Now, take the grinder parts out of the freezer, put it together, and start grindin. I usually add a piece of lamb every 3 or 4 pieces of chuck or so to help mix the meat evenly.
- When your finished grinding, add any seasonings and mix it all up loosely… don’t over mix it. You can also season the cubes before grinding. Try it both ways and see how you like it.
- Your grill should be at just about the right temp by now, so pattie em up and head for the grill! If you like em like me and the Burger Smurf, about 8-10oz burgers and a little rare… put em on direct heat for about 10-12 minutes with the lid closed. Then flip em and cook another 10-12 minutes with the lid closed. Now remember, we are talkin about 1″-1 1/2″ thick burgers made with lamb which will take a little longer to cook.
- Now, move em to indirect heat and add cheese at that point if ya like and close the lid for another minute or 2.
- You know what time it is now… let everyone dress em up how they like em and watch em smile! If no one is talkin you know you did good 😉 Enjoy!